MLM -- the ultimate money machine

"Network Marketing: The Ultimate Money Machine" is Robert G. Allen's title for Chapter Seven of Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth. (Allen is also the best-selling author of Nothing Down, Creating Wealth, and Challenge.) Says Allen:
"Let's start with network marketing (also known as multilevel marketing, or MLM) ... being an intrapreneur ... an independent distributor for a company in the burgeoning network marketing industry. Network marketing. Just saying the words conjures up lots of emotions for most people. You either love it or you hate it. Sometimes both. But just what is it? ... word-of-mouth advertising.
...Collette phoned the next day and asked, "What do you think of the video?" Despite my strong intuitive hunch, I replied, "Sorry, Collette, I just don't think I'm interested."
To her credit, she didn't let my negativity stop her. She took my wife to lunch, and they decided to go ahead without me. I was so close-minded...
Now, several years later, a very, very large check is automatically deposited into my wife's bank account every Friday, but it doesn't have my name on it. It's my wife's check. Mr. Skeptical here didn't want anything to do with it! So she gets the check and occasionally shares some of it with me...
Blinded by False InformationWhy do you think I voted against my own intuition? Perhaps it was because I had heard some negative things about network marketing ...and without checking things out for myself, I made some snap judgments that turned out to be completely wrong.
...Would you donate a few hours of your flexible time each week if you knew you could be earning $2,000 to $3,000 a week in residual income in two to three years?
Are You Crazy?When I explain how simple this can be, some people look at me as though I'm crazy. So I give them the financial-freedom test:"Do you have multiple streams of income flowing into your life?" (They usually answer no.)"Do you get paid multiple times for every hour you work?" (Again no.)"Are your hourly earnings potentially unlimited?" (Still no.)"Do your income streams flow 24 hours a day with or without you?" (No.)"Do you own or control these streams of income?" (No.)"Will your income streams continue to flow after you die?" (No.)"Can you give yourself a raise any time you want?" (No.)"If your main income stream dries up, could you survive for a year without income?" (No.)
Then I say, "Because of network marketing, I can answer yes to each of the preceding questions." I wonder which of us is the crazy one?
This is my definition of crazy: Crazy, n. Work for peanuts at various jobs you hate for 50 years. Then die poor. This is my definition of smart: Smart, n. Work hard for a much shorter period of time. Retire with multiple streams of residual income...
If you can find just one or two customers in every 100 contacts, you can build a fortune.
Collette, my ex-secretary, invited 44 people to her first meeting. Four people showed up and two people left early. But the two who remained were excited and signed up. From the genesis of those first two people, Collette today earns an income in excess of $1 million per year."
(By having a website and attracting visitors to it, there's no need to hold meetings or even phone people. The website does practically all the selling.)