Don't work for money; have money work for you

"Money is the seed of money, and the first guinea is sometimes more difficult to acquire than the second million." -- Jean Jacques Rousseau
The first lesson Kiyosaki emphasizes in Rich Dad, Poor Dad is that rich people don't work for money; they have their money work for them. Personally, I'm satisfied when my money earns a 10% return per month for me. If my money isn't providing this kind of return, I start looking elsewhere. For examples of how you too can achieve this kind of return, see Risk Meter.
Fortunately, you don't even need to have money in order to make money work for you. There are millions of people in the world with "surplus" money that's not being put to very good use. You can organize your money-making activities so that some of this OPM (other people's money) works for you. For a general approach to achieve this, see Zero-Risk Money-Making.
See also Make Money Work for You in